Cookies are small text files that are stored on the hard disk of a device and contain certain information and sometimes personal data.
- Your personal data are processed by Bel V, Rue Walcourt 148, 1070 Anderlecht, RPR Brussels, 0892.419.202, acting in the capacity of controller.
You can refer your questions regarding the processing of your personal data via e-mail: email@example.com or via telephone +32 (0)2 528 02 11.
- Where reference is made to certain laws or regulations, such reference shall also include any change, replacement or annulment of said laws or regulations, including any related executive decisions.
- You can prevent cookies from being placed by configuring your browser as such. Guidelines as to how to do so can be found here:
However, not allowing cookies when visiting the Website may cause that certain parts or the entire Website stops working properly.
When you visit the Website, Bel V places a number of cookies on your device. Most data pertaining to these cookies, their placement and use allow to identify you. Bel V uses them to gain insight in how you and other visitors use the Website by gathering statistical and usage data, enabling Bel V to provide a better user experience on the Website.
The following cookies are being used on the Website:
We ask for your consent to place the above mentioned cookies on your device, except for functional cookies. You can withdraw your consent to place those cookies at any time. In order to do so, it is sufficient to just delete the cookies placed on your device. For information on how to delete cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions as stated above.
- Functional cookies
BELV uses several functional cookies on its Website. These cookies are needed for the Website to work properly and to give you a good user experience.
- Analytical and statistical cookies:
- Google Analytics: Bel V uses Google Analytics cookies to determine how you and other visitors use our Website. With these insights, we are able to improve our services. Bel V uses the following cookies:
_utma cookie and _utmv cookie (lifespan of 2 years);
_utmb cookie (lifespan of 30 minutes);
_utmc cookie (lifespan is the duration of the session); and
_utmt cookie (lifespan of 10 minutes).
Types of personal data we process
- We process the following personal data:
- technical information associated with the device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, geographical location and operating system and
- information concerning your browsing behaviour, such as how long you visit, what links you click on, what pages you visit and how many times you visit a page.
Purposes for which Bel V uses your personal data
- Bel V processes your personal data to perform statistical analyses so that we may improve our Website.
- Bel V may process your personal data to informing any third party in the context of a possible merger with, acquisition from/by or demerger by that third party, even if that third party is located outside the EU.
- Bel V processes your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations or to meet any reasonable request from competent agents or representatives of police, judicial authorities, government authorities or bodies, including competent data protection authorities. Bel V may, on its own initiative, transfer your personal data to the police or to the judicial authorities as evidence or if there is a justified suspicion of an illegal act or crime that you have committed.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
- For the purpose described in article 4.1, Bel V, as the responsible party, requests your consent.
- For the purposes described in articles 4.2 and 4.3, Bel V bases itself on the necessity to protect our legitimate interests or those of third parties, namely:
The processing of your personal data for the purpose described in article 4.4 is necessary to enable Bel V to comply with its legal obligations.
- to inform a third party in the context of a possible merger, acquisition from/by or demerger by that third party or
- to guarantee the security in the context of your use of the Website.
- Bel V does not send your personal data in a directly identifiable format to any third party without your explicit consent to do so. You understand, however, that our use of analytical and statistical cookies may imply that the third party provider of those cookies may obtain certain information about you, including about your surfing behaviour. You can find more information in the respective policy of that provider.
- Bel V relies on third party processors to provide you the Website. These third party processors are only allowed to process your personal data on behalf of Bel V upon explicit written instruction of Bel V. Bel V warrants that all third party processors are selected with due care and that they are obliged to guarantee the safety and integrity of your personal data.
In principle, your personal data will only be processed within the European Economic Area (i.e. the European Union, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
Should the aforementioned purposes require that your personal data is processed outside the European Economic Area, we ensure that your personal data will be protected to the fullest extent possible.
- Bel V does its utmost best to process only those personal data which are necessary to achieve the purposes listed under article 3.
- Your personal data are only processed for as long as needed to achieve the purposes which are described above in accordance with our Retention Policy or up until such time where you withdraw your consent for processing them. Note that withdrawal of consent may imply that you can no longer use the whole or part of the Website. Bel V will de-identify your personal data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes outlined in the purpose for processing, unless there is:
Bel V will take the appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe from unauthorized access or theft as well as accidental loss, tampering or destruction. Access by personnel of Bel V or its third party processors will only be on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict confidentiality obligations. You understand, however, that safety and security are best efforts obligations only, which can never be guaranteed.
- an overriding interest of Bel V or any other third party in keeping your personal data identifiable ; or
- a legal or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order that prevents Bel V from de-identifying them.
- You have the right to request access to all personal data processed by Bel V pertaining to you. You must always specify the processing activities in respect of which you wish to exercise your right of access.
Bel V is entitled to charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for more copies.
- You have the right to ask that any personal data pertaining to you that are inaccurate shall be rectified. If a request for rectification is submitted, such request shall be accompanied of proof of the flawed nature of the data for which rectification is asked.
- You have the right to withdraw your earlier given consent for processing your personal data.
- You have the right to request the erasure of personal data pertaining to you if they are no longer required in light of the purposes described in article 3 or if you withdraw your consent for processing them. However, keep in mind that a request for erasure will be evaluated by Bel V against:
- Bel Voverriding interests of Bel V or any other third party or
- legal or regulatory obligations or administrative or judicial orders which may contradict such deletion.
Instead of erasure, you can also ask that Bel V restricts the processing of your personal data if and when (a) you contest the accuracy of that data, (b) the processing is illegitimate or (c) the data are no longer needed for the purposes which are outlined above, but you need your personal data to defend yourself in judicial proceedings.
- You have the right to object the processing of your personal data when the processing activity is based on the necessity to pursue our legitimate interest or for the legitimate interest of a third party and if you are in a particular and specific situation that justifies such an objection. You must communicate your situation to us so that we can assess your request correctly.
- You have the right to receive from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format all personal data you have provided to us where the processing is based on your consent and if the processing is carried out by automated means.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the above rights, you may send an e-mail to our Data Protection Officer using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. An email requesting the exercise of a right will not be construed as consent to the processing of your personal data beyond what is necessary to process your request. Any such request must clearly state the right you wish to exercise and the reasons for doing so where required. It must also be dated and signed, and accompanied by a digital scanned copy of your valid identity card proving your identity.
Bel V will promptly inform you of the receipt of this request. If the request proves valid, Bel V will notify you as soon as possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the request.
If you are not satisfied with Bel V’s response, you are free to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority, i.e. the Belgian data protection authority.